Building a Home in Strathcona County
Welcome to Strathcona County, a picturesque and vibrant community that offers the perfect backdrop for building your dream home. From its stunning natural landscapes to its friendly neighborhoods, Strathcona County provides an ideal setting to create a residence that reflects your unique lifestyle. In this guide, we'll take you through the exciting process of building a home here, covering regulations, resources, and the distinctive features that make this area truly special.
1. Understanding the Building Process: Embarking on a home-building journey requires careful planning. From choosing the right location and design to obtaining permits and hiring contractors, our step-by-step guide will help you navigate the process with ease. Learn about:
- Selecting a suitable plot of land
- Designing your home to match your vision
- Obtaining necessary permits and approvals
- Finding experienced contractors and builders
2. Navigating Regulations: Strathcona County is dedicated to maintaining the beauty and safety of its surroundings. Familiarize yourself with local regulations to ensure a smooth building experience. We'll cover:
- Zoning regulations and land use policies
- Building codes and safety standards
- Environmental considerations and sustainability initiatives
3. Valuable Resources: Building a home involves collaboration with various professionals and access to essential resources. Discover a range of resources available in Strathcona County:
- Architectural and design firms specializing in residential projects
- Reputable construction companies with local expertise
- Building material suppliers and home improvement stores
- Real estate agents who can assist with land acquisition
4. Unique Features of Strathcona County: What sets Strathcona County apart is its blend of rural charm and urban amenities. Highlighting the area's unique features will engage readers and capture the essence of the community:
- Picturesque landscapes perfect for nature enthusiasts
- Family-friendly neighborhoods with top-notch schools and recreational facilities
- Cultural attractions, community events, and local markets
- Proximity to Edmonton's city life while enjoying a quieter suburban lifestyle
5. Designing for the Region: Building a home in Strathcona County allows you to incorporate design elements that complement the local environment. Explore architectural styles, materials, and landscaping options that suit the region's climate and aesthetics.
6. Testimonials and Success Stories: Read real-life stories from individuals and families who have successfully built their dream homes in Strathcona County. Their experiences and insights will inspire and guide you throughout your journey.
Conclusion: Building a home in Strathcona County offers a unique opportunity to create a haven that resonates with your lifestyle and values. With the right information, resources, and a touch of creativity, you can bring your vision to life and become a part of this vibrant and welcoming community.
Contact Us: Have questions or need assistance with your home-building project? Reach out to our team of experts who are here to help you make your dream home a reality in Strathcona County.
You will need to submit the following to Planning and Development Services
- A completed Development permit application form
- A completed Building permit application form
- 3 (three) copies of a site plan prepared by an accredited professional (Land Surveyor) for all new houses (site plans for additions may not have to be drawn by an accredited professional). The following information must be included:
- All structures on the property and the proposed development
- Distances to the property lines from the proposed development
- Dimensions of the property
- Dimensions of the proposed development (including height from grade to roof and midpoint, as well as roof pitch)
- Easements and utility rights-of-way
- North arrow
- 3 (three) complete sets of construction drawings. The drawings must be printed to scale and include the following:
- Elevation drawings of the front, rear, and two sides of the building including dimensions of openings (ie. windows and doors)
- Floor plans for all developed floors, including area of each floor (ie. square footage) and labelled rooms.
- A structural cross-section with specifications
- A foundation plan
- Specifications/layouts for any engineered products, such as trusses, beams, floor systems, etc.
- A completed abandoned well declaration form(38.1 KB)
- An Alberta home owner warranty certificate
- Current copy of title (printed within the last 30 days)
- Fees (see current fee schedules)
* Please note that a Development Officer or Safety Codes Officer may require additional information.
More Information can be obtained directly from Strathcona County Planning and Development Services
Searching for the Perfect Land to Build Your Home:
Embarking on the journey of building your dream home starts with finding the perfect plot of land in Strathcona County. This crucial step lays the foundation for your future residence, setting the stage for the lifestyle you envision. As you search for land, consider factors such as location, size, topography, and proximity to amenities.
Whether you desire a serene countryside setting or a plot within a welcoming neighborhood, Strathcona County offers a diverse range of options to suit your preferences. With its breathtaking landscapes and welcoming communities, you're sure to find the ideal canvas upon which to create your dream home.
Included below are homes for sale in Strathcona County. If you would like more information on any of these Strathcona County real estate listings, just click the "Request More Information" button when viewing the details of that property. We can provide you with disclosures, past sales history, dates and prices of homes recently sold nearby, and more.
And, if you haven't already, be sure to register for a free account so that you'll be updated whenever new Strathcona County listings come on the market.
Strathcona County MLS Listings
If you are in need of an Edmonton Realtor right now, you can call us here.
Are there any restrictions to building a home in Strathcona County?
Learn about any specific regulations or guidelines that need to be followed when constructing a home in Strathcona County HERE.
What are the available amenities and services in Strathcona County?
From art and culture galleries to recreational amenities, Strathcona County ensures a convenient and fulfilling lifestyle. Check out all the famous attractions HERE!
What are the advantages of building a home in Strathcona County?
Building a home in Strathcona County offers a blend of natural beauty, community engagement, and personalized living. With picturesque surroundings, a strong sense of community, and the ability to customize your dream home, Strathcona County provides a welcoming environment with convenient access to amenities and potential for long-term investment returns.